Boxerwood Education Association operates a community-based, non-profit nature center in Lexington, Virginia that provides a treasured 15 acre woodland garden, open to the public, and delivers unique, life-changing environmental educational programs to people of all ages, including students in the entire local public school system.
- A collection of unique, whimsical outdoor play spaces
- Interpretive sites used to showcase science based environmental stewardship
- A popular community site for outdoor cultural events, art, and continuing education
- A collection of 5 representative ecosystems
- A treasure trove of unusual international trees and shrubs, as well as beautiful native plant areas
- A place for all to wander, play, meditate, contemplate, and experience nature
Boxerwood primarily serves Rockbridge County, VA (pop. 30,000). Visitors from all walks of life enjoy our woodland garden and its many special features from dawn to dusk each day. We work closely with all 17 local preschools and all three local public school divisions.